Thursday, August 21, 2014

Home for Christmas

     LOTV stamps' challenge topic for August is Christmas. Problem is that I don't have a LOTV Christmas stamp. I decided not to let that deter my challenge entry. I chose the "Toot, Toot" stamp.

     I remember every Christmas as a little girl, standing by the window waiting for my sister and brothers to get home for Christmas. They are all considerably older than me and had their own homes. Now I stand at the window waiting for my children to come home for Christmas. Seems I am always waiting for someone . . . Christmas is so much more, when everyone is "home".

Materials:

Paper: We R - North Pole Collection
                            Winter Wonderland
                            Wrapping Paper
                            Candy Cane
             Bazzill Basics - Saltillo
                                       Sour Apple
                                       Natural
             Copics Paper
Stamp - Lili of the Valley - Toot, Toot
           - Hero Arts - All Hearts Go Home For Christmas by Lisa Spangler     
Die - Elizabeth Craft: Holly Border
                                    Holly Flourish
Embellishments:
   Brads - Silver Bells
   Make It Christmas - Pine Cones and Berry Picks
   TPC Studio Timeless Christmas - Framed Jewels
   Elizabeth Craft - Transparent Glitter Stickers (Copic R29)
Copics:
   Car: R22 R27 R29
   Grill: C1 C3 C5
   Tires: W1 W3 W5
   Lights/Gloves: C1 C3
   Car Trims: Y26 C3
   Face: E31 E33 E35
   Scarf: YG91 G95 G99
   Hair: Y21 YR23
   Hat: E55 E57 E59
   Ground: W5 C1 C3 
Inside of Card


Die - Elizabeth Craft: Holly Border
Embellishment - Elizabeth Craft: Transparent Glitter Stickers (Copic R29)
Hero Arts - house and sentiment "may your hone be filled with the joys of the season"
Prismacolor Colored Pencils:
   White
   Poppy Red
   Sienna Brown
   Limepeel
   Cloud Blue

Challenges


Alphabet Challenge - N is for Natural (pine cones) -*
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper - Patterned Paper -*
 Everybody Art Challenge - Fave Stamps (LOTV) -*
Hobby Cutz Challenge - Fave Challenge (Christmas) -*
Inky Impressions Challenge - Anything Goes -*
LOTV Challenge Ideas to Inspire - Christmas in August -*
Penny's Paper Crafty - 3C's Christmas, Children, Critters -*
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes -*
Word Art Wednesday - Uplifting - *

 

17 comments:

  1. What a fun card. Great job, and thanks SO much for sharing with us.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Hobbycutz.
    laurigami

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card love the addition of the pine cones

    Mines up if you have time to take a look

    ReplyDelete
  4. A super card, with a traditional and seasonal embellishment suitable for our challenge for Natural. Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenges Caz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable image, great card and story. I agree it doesn't feel like Christmas until everyone is together :) Thanks for joining us at Penny's challenges. I hope you'll join us Wednesday for a new challenge :) Hugs, Laura DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great choice of image for your card. Thanks for sharing your wonderful card with us at Penny's this week.
    Cheers Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card and I love that image. Thanks for joining us this week at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great Christmas design - love the little pine cones. Thanx for sharing with us at the Alphabet Challenge.
    Hugz, Jan (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely card, very clever use of a non-Christmassy image. I love how you decorated the inside too.
    Thanks for entering our 'Christmas in August' challenge - good luck!

    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just popped in via Darnell's blog, and the first thing I see is LOTV! You're a lady after my own heart! lol.
    Gorgeous card! Am following you. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi ...love your gorgeous card,fab image and design...I am now following your blog.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful fun designs Sharon.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just stopping by from Darnell's blog, isn't she great?
    I adore the cards on your blog ( yes I did nose around a bit), and these holiday cards are stunning.
    You have me hooked and I'm one of your followers.......grin

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much for joining my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper August challenge with your super crafting - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this card. It is a great that not only the outside but the inside is done as well. I love doing this when I create cards. I also do the back as well at times. Fun. - Jim

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sensational, Sharon, outside and inside! And I loved your comments about waiting at the window! You created a great visual! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete