Monday, December 29, 2014

Cardinal Shaker Card

     I made this card from a sketch. I hope it isn’t too far off the sketch artist’s vision. 
http://stamptv.ning.com/forum/topics/the-12-days-of-christmas-gina-k-style-day-five-12-18-14



     For this card, I mounted turquoise paper on a navy card base.  I attached a strip of navy card stock. The artisan frame dies I used were Nesting Frames by Quick Kutz. After distressing with Night of Navy ink, I centered one frame over the other and die cut a circle from the center.  I also cut the same circle from the card base. I used crafting foam to cut a circle one size larger (about a ¼ inch), then another out of the center of that circle the same size as the circles previously cut from the card. I also needed two acrylic circles cut from the larger circle die. I mounted one acrylic circle to the foam, added the sequins, then added the other acrylic circle creating a pocket for the sequins to move freely.  I then glued the circular pocket to the front of the card base circle and the back of the artisan frame circle – shaker complete.


      For the inside of the card, I cut a piece of 4 x 5 ¼ inch card stock. I used randomly torn post-it notes to create a mask to make the clouds in the background. First I inked with a heavy handed white, then much lighter with Tempting Turquoise and even lighter with Night of Navy. I stamped the cardinal on a piece of card stock, then used my Pixcan mat and Silhouette machine to cut it out. I colored the cardinal and attached it so that its head was visible through the window.

     All of these stamps are from Gina K’s Peace and Joy set.

Challenges

Pixies's Snippets Playground - Anything Goes - #73 -*
Stamp TV - Sketch - *
Sweet Stampin' - Anything Goes - #90 - *
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes - #23 -*
Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes - # - *



5 comments:

  1. Lovely card Sharon! Love how you added the sequins inside the aperture :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon

    It's Di again - for some reason the image in your thumbnail wasn't this lovely cardinal card, but one you added later. I've been into Mr Linky and tried to change the image - in the end I had to delete your origianl entry and relink you - just in case you wonder why the cardinal card is now below the ones with the bears :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your help. I must have forgotten to clear the url address from the copy/paste before starting a new card. Thanks again.

      Delete
  3. Great card.

    Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin'.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this window card. You did an amazing job. Thank you so much for joining us this week at TTCRD.
    Cindy- DT member TTCRD

    ReplyDelete