Thursday, January 19, 2017

God's Transportation

     A friend of mine asked for a card with the sentiment "Let God steer your ship". I had made one last summer that she liked and wanted more of them. I see this card as a masculine graduation card. It indicates the best way to determine a future path.
     


     I used Carta Bella's "Old World Travel" paper collection. I didn't see a paper in line that had a light (contrasting) background, so I used seagull stamps on ivory to make my own patterned paper.
     All of the stamps are from Gina K's "Ship to Shore". The ink is Gina K's Dark Chocolate and Momento's Rich Cocoa.
     I embellished with brown twine and a sea shell charm.The anchor on the inside of the card is from an Elizabeth Craft Designs die.
     As usual the inside of my card is inspired by the "stuff" left over on my craft table after completing the card.
     You can also see a peek of the envelope in the pictures -- the flap in the first pic and the address side in the second pic. 
     
Inside of Card

 Challenges

Crafty Addicts - Monochromatic - #116 - *
Creative Knockouts - Finish the Inside - #10 - *
Paper Girls Challenge - Patterned Paper - #17 - *
Path of Positivity - The Road Ahead - #5 - *
Stamp TV - Transportation Situation - *

3 comments:

  1. I think the seagull patterned paper you stamped is just the perfect thing for this card. The monochromatic brown is perfect for the masculine feel of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card, I love the inside!
    Thank you for playing along with us at Creative Knockouts!

    Hugs,
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great male card thank you for sharing with us at The Crafty Addicts - good luck
    Lyn - DT

    ReplyDelete