Sunday, February 4, 2018

Donut Valentines

     Today I made Valentines with my grandson, Lucas. He needed at least 22 plus one for his teacher. He was a donut with pink frosting and a milk carton hat for Halloween. I chose donuts because he LOVES donuts! 
Halloween Donut
     While the Silhouette was cutting all of the donuts, frosting, and sprinkles, Lucas stamped the inside of the cards using Gina K Kraft ink and the MISTI. BTW: It's so easy even a five year old can do it.

     Lucas punched small hearts from a variety of punches as I glued them on.


     Lucas colored the frosting on the stamped donut on the inside of each card.



Inside of Card
     Lucas had had enough of stamping, so I stamped the card fronts. After sorting all of the donuts, frosting, and sprinkles, Lucas made stacks of the four donut parts needed to complete one donut as I glued them together and onto the card front. I was more than a little happy to find this Silhouette cut file. I didn't want to stamp and color or glue sprinkles on individually for 24 cards.


Front of A2 Card



      After making 24 of these cards, Lucas was pretty much maxed out on card making, so I made the teacher card myself. It is a larger card - 5 1/2 x 6 1/2. I also made a large donut for Lucas to take home and play with (the most important part).
Teacher Card
Inside of Teacher Card

      I'll be making Valentines with my 3 year old granddaughter, Elena, later this week. She only needs 8 plus a teacher card. I am still in the brainstorming process - wish me luck!
Materials:
Stamps: Stamps of Life - donuts 2 stamp
              Gina K - Lovely Ladybug (Valentine sentiments)
Silhouette File: Miss Kate Cuttables - Donut and Donut Hole
Ink: Gina K - Kraft
Momento - Tuxedo Black
Markers: Permanent Chalk - Black
                 Crayola Washable
Punches: Miscellaneous Hearts

Challenges

Pixie's Crafty Workshop - #319 - Snippets - #11 - *


4 comments:

  1. I agree with the whole foods!! Very cute sister

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I like whole foods that especially look that delicious! Great Valentines and he was a cute donut for Halloween too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Sharon - these are absolutely fabulous! We always LOVE to see kiddies crafting (beats sitting in front of the TV any day! And Lucas is a little poppet. Lovely cards and such a fun post to read! More please :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are fantastic! The other students are going to love them! And a special memory for you!

    ReplyDelete